Lianne and Shad

Monday, January 2, 2012

Pitty party of 1

I had a mini-meltdown at the drugstore a couple of days ago. After waking up feeling utterly horrible on Saturday morning, I set out to find at least one decongestant that I, at 31 weeks pregnant, was aloud to take. The information was confusing at best. Some sites said not to take anything; other sites listed certain medications that have not "been proven" to cause any side effects for pregnant women. I finally found a list from a trusted site that said I could indeed take Tylenol Cold medication.


So off to the pharmacy the fam and I went, but after looking through the extensive medications available on the cold/flu aisle, I realized that this particular pharmacy didn't have any Tylenol products. I dragged myself up to the pharmacy desk and told the pharmacist my predicament. He stared at my pregnant belly and then went to the back to "consult" another pharmacist. When he returned he said "I really wouldn't recommend anything but Tylenol and fluids." I replied to him that I had read that Tylenol Cold was an ok medication to take while pregnant, and if he would just direct me to an alternative medication since they didn't seem to carry that one, I would be on my way. He looked at me and again replied, "I can't really recommend anything for you." Really?? Nothing?? I was getting a little teary eyed at this point. I hadn't the energy to argue with him so I simply bought a bottle of generic Tylenol and got back in the car.


Once in the car, the tears started flowing. My husband, used to these hysterics at this point, just rubbed my shoulder. "I just want to feel better," I sobbed. What I really wanted to say was, "I just want this baby out of me!"


I don't feel like I'm normally a complainer, but lately that seems all I'm able to do. Between the lack of sleep, the swollen ankles after a 10 hr work day, the painful braxton hicks contractions, the utter exhaustion, and now not being able to relieve my cold symptoms, I am sooo over this pregnancy. I told Shad this the other day and he reminded me that I still had two looonng more months to go. Well thanks hun, I had forgotten.


I should be relishing every minute of this pregnancy, this being the last time I will ever experience this. But instead I'm counting down the days when I can reclaim my body. Don't get me wrong, I want a health, full term baby. If that means this kiddo needs to stay incubating for 40+ weeks, so be it. But every night I pray the same prayer, "God, if this kid is done cookin then please for God sake, get him out of me." That may be wrong of me, but hey that's pretty much how I'm feeling these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment