Lianne and Shad

Thursday, April 12, 2012

An ode to my blue jeans...

One of the hardest things for me right now is looking in my closet and seeing this:



This is about 1/4Th of my wardrobe. As you can see, I have many clothes. I love my clothes, and can I just say, I miss them! I started wearing maternity clothes when I was 10 weeks a long so it has been a while since I've worn them. I especially miss these:
My favorite jeans from Ann Taylor Loft

I have about 10 pairs of jeans and can't fit into a single pair at this point. I knew it was going to be a long, tough road. After all, it took me 9 months to gain the 45 extra pounds I put on, so of course this wasn't going to come off overnight. Unfortunately, baby Zeke did not weigh 45 pounds {sigh}.

After having Sebastian, I started working out and began dieting with weight watchers. I look back at Christmas of 2008, a little over a year after having Sebastian, and I was in the best shape of my life. I swore to myself that I was never going back to being overweight and unhealthy, but a las my dieting/exercising program slowly became more and more lax and the pounds started piling on.

When I got pregnant with Zeke, I was 20 pounds up from that 2008 weight. Add on the 45 pounds I gained during pregnancy and you see why I am fretting about fitting into my clothes. I would love to get down to that 2008 weight again, which means I had a whopping 65 pounds to drop after giving birth.

About 25 pounds of this came off easily after the birth due to baby Zeke, water weight, placenta, etc. Now comes the hard part, which is dropping the extra 40 and hopefully fitting back into my pre-pregnancy clothes sometime soon! Pretty much since I gave birth I've been working super hard to get the weight back off. I'm doing weight watchers again. I'm exercising. I'm really, really ready to wear my clothes again.

Hopefully this hard work will pay off and eventually, I will be able to wear this again: (my size 6 little black dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment