Lianne and Shad

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer's here!

It's official!  Memorial weekend has come and gone which means-  SUMMER IS HERE!  Can you sense my excitement?!  The past few weeks have been utterly crazy with me going back to work full time.  The chaos has not stopped and we are still trying to get adjusted, so can you blame me for being a little excited about things to come in summer 2012?? 

Summer is always a very busy time of year for us.  With Solomon and Kaidyn's birthdays a week a part, vacations, beach trips, weddings, etc things can get pretty hectic.  There's something about the beginning of warmer weather, the opening of our neighborhood pool, and the end of school, however, that make me (excuse the phrase) 'as giddy as a school girl'.  Seriously, I think I'm just as excited as the kids about this! 

Our first summer engagement will be in a few weeks when we attend the wedding of Sara Allen and Tyler Nabors in Asheville, NC.  This will be the first time I will have been away from Zeke overnight, as the kids will be staying with my parents in Raleigh.  Although I am a little apprehensive about leaving him, the thought of a night (or two nights) out on the town without the kids has me very excited!  I love weddings, and I can't wait to celebrate this one with some of our friends! 

After that we also have our 4th of July trip to the Outerbanks to look forward to!  My dad has rented a house in Nags Head for the week so our family, my sister and her husband, and my parents will all be there.  I haven't been to the Outerbanks since I was very young so I am very much looking forward to experiencing it again, this time with my own kids. 

The end of July/ beginning of August will also include the birthdays of two of my favorite kids- Solomon and Kaidyn.  I can't believe they will be 8 and 9!  Solomon has already decided he wants an Avengers birthday with a bounce house.  Kaidyn has decided she wants to do giryl things like go get a mani/pedi.  "Birthday season," as I like to call it, is sure to be super crazy as always but definitely something I'm looking forward to!

The past few weeks have been utterly stressful so the prospect of spending time with my husband and kids is absolutely all I can think of at this point.  Is anyone else super excited about Summer 2012??

No comments:

Post a Comment